Office of International Students & Scholars (ISS)
104 Holcombe Hall
Fayetteville, AR 72701
In our commitment to provide effective and accessible programs and services to all our constituents, we ask that you inform our office at the time of registering for orientation if you will need special accommodations at email@example.com.
Immigration Basics Sign-up for Fall 2014 is OPEN
Please read the IB Sign Up Instructions to fully understand the expectations.
Immigration Basics Schedules Fall 2014:
What is Immigration Basics?
RSVP is strictly required through the link that is provided in the instructions. Immigration Basics is mandatory for all international students in F or J status. You must attend one session of Immigration Basics otherwise you cannot register for classes. Please bring your passport, visa, I-20/DS2019 and I-94 (if you entered the U.S. before May 2013) and come to ISS in Holcombe Hall on time. If you are late, you will not be able to join the session. All the sessions are held in the ISS Classroom within Holcombe Hall. Until you attend the Immigration Basics, you will NOT be able to register for classes. If you have questions, please contact ISSWORLD@uark.edu.
After each Immigration Basics, you are required to go visit the Health Center to take the TB test. Please understand this is a requirement by the Arkansas State.
- For Off-campus Students (Undergraduate & Graduate Students): Monday, August 11 ~ Thursday, August 14, 2014
- For Graduate Students: Friday, August 15, 2014
- For On-campus Undergraduate Students: Monday, August 18 & Tuesday, August 19, 2014
- For Late Arrival Students: Wednesday, August 20 ~ Friday, August 22, 2014
Fall 2014 Pre-Departure Orientation:
Online Pre-Departure Orientation
Click the image to download the recorded session
Friday, July 11 at 8:00am (Arkansas Time)
Off-campus Living & Apartment Search
ISS invited Samantha from Off-Campus Connections Office to provide information about how to look for an apartment off-campus in Fayetteville. If you have further questions or comments, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you very much.
Fall 2014 Orientation
Undergraduate Students' Schedule [DRAFT as of 7-25-2014]
Graduate Students Schedule [DRAFT as of 7-25-2014]
Suggested Arrival Dates:
- For students who will live off-campus: Monday, August 11 ~ Thursday, Aug 14, 2014
- For students who will live on-campus: Thu, August 14 ~ Sunday, August 17, 2014
Residence Hall Move-in Dates:
- Friday 15, 8am-4pm
- Saturday, August 16, 1pm-4pm
- Monday, August 18, 8am-4pm
If you are planning on living on campus and arriving at XNA later than 12pm on those residence hall move-in days, it is recommended to stay at the Temporary Housing for a night and move into your residence hall during the designated time. Please note that Temporary Housing tends to be full on Sunday night. If you live on-campus, we recommend you to arrive early (Thu or Fri) to make sure your transition is smooth.
Apartment Shopping Services will be provided for those students who would need help to find an off-campus apartment. Please check the Off-Campus Housing Office website as well to look for an option.
Transportation from the Airport:
The best way would be using Jim's Shuttle. They offer a special rate for students who make reservation through ISS. Have your flight information ready and you MUST sign up on the Fall 2014 Jim's Shuttle & Arrival Service Request Form 72hours in advance. Arrival Coordinator (email@example.com) will make a reservation for you and you can pay with cash or credit card at the airport.
The information is on your Welcome Message with the special code information. Please also see the Fall 2014 Temporary Housing Information.
Fall 2014 International Students Orientation Schedule:
- Graduate International Students Check-in & Orientation Day: Friday, August 15, 2014
- Undergraduate International Students Check-in Day: Monday, August 18, 2014
- Undergraduate International Students Orientation Day: Tuesday, August 19, 2014
- Undergraduate International Students Degree Seeking Academic Advising: Wednesday, August 20, 2014
- International Students Activities/Information Session Days for both Undergrad and Graduate Students: Thursday & Friday, August 21 & 22, 2014
Videos about Fayetteville & Campus Community
Check out the latest video about the University of Arkansas! Excited yet... We look forward to seeing you at International Orientation!
Videos from Current International Students
International Student Organization | International Carnival
Student Life Video
Updated on July 25, 2014